Patrons with Library cards in good standing may check out materials from the Library collection.
Different types of materials have different circulation rules.
Loan Periods and Fines
|Material Type||Loan Period|
|Books and Magazines||3 weeks, 1 renewal||DVDs (limit of 5 dvds)||1 week, 1 renewal|
|Audiobooks(limit of 5)||3 weeks, 1 renewal|
Library materials may be renewed for the original loan period.Fines
|Late items||.10 / day (max of $3.00)|
Avoid fines! Click here to email us and sign up for our courtesy notices; you will receive an e-mail reminder three days before your items are due. Courtesy notices are not available for museum passes.
- Patrons utilize library materials at their own risk.
- * Echo ($4 admission for up to 4 people)
* Brattleboro Museum and Art Center (free admission)
* Nature Museum at Grafton (free admission)
* Vermont's History Museum (free admission)
* Fort at No. 4 (free admission)
* Vermont Institute of Natural Science (free admission)
* Billings Farm and Museum (free admission)
* VT State Parks (free admission)
* Vermont Historic Sites (free admission)
* Cheshire Children's Museum ($3 admission per person)
* Southern Vermont Natural History Museum (Free admission for up to 2 people)
* American Precision Museum (Free admission for 1 family)
- (List updated July 2017)
Parks and Museum Passes
The Rockingham Free Public Library offers cardholders passes to museums, parks, and institutions throughout the state and in nearby communities.
Passes can be reserved a month in advance and provide free or greatly reduced admission. Each pass can be checked out by Library cardholders age 18 and older for three days at a time. For details about borrowing a Park or Museum pass, or to make a reservation, please contact the Library.
Current passes available include:
Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
ILL items circulate for different lengths which are set by the lending library we’re borrowing the materials from; when you receive an ILL there will be a piece of paper letting you know when the item is due. Depending on the lending library we may or may not be able to renew your ILL materials. If you need to renew the book, contact the Rockingham Library at 463-4270. Patrons are limited to borrowing three ILL items at a time.
Reference books are available at all times in the Library; these books do not circulate.
Current newspapers are available to read in the Library; these do not circulate. Newspapers available include: Boston Globe, Brattleboro Reformer, Rutland Herald, Eagle Times, The Compass, The Commons, Sunday New York Times, The Message, The Shopper, The Green Mountain Outlook, and the Westminster Gazette.