- The Rockingham Free Public Library has two meeting spaces. A meeting room available on the top floor of the Library, and a program room located in the Youth Department.
- Both rooms are available for use by non-Library groups holding free and open to the public meetings or programs and within the usage regulations of the Library. To reserve a room, submit a reservation application. You can click here to open up a Meeting Room Reservation form, stop by the Library to pick up a form, or request one be emailed to you by clicking here.
Before submitting an application, please read the Meeting Room Regulations below.
- 1. Occupancy is a maximum of 88 people.
- 2. Meeting rooms may be reserved for use at no charge to groups when the Library is open, though we encourage donations. Meetings may begin no earlier than 10AM; set-up is not allowed before Library opens. Meetings should conclude 30 minutes before closing: by 6:30PM, Monday through Wednesday; by 5:00 PM Thursday and Friday, and by 1:30 on Saturday. Meetings held outside of regular Library hours are subject to staff availability, and are subject to a $20 per hour fee.
- 3. The Rockingham Free Public Library has first priority for use of the meeting room.
- 4. Meetings must be free and open to the public. All publicity must include the statement: "This event is free and open to the public." Admission charges or required donations are not permitted.
- 5. Meetings and contact person’s information will be listed on the Library’s on-line event calendar by Library staff. Organization or contact person is responsible for publicizing the program in the local media.
- 6. A completed and approved application must be filed with the Librarian at least one week before the meeting date.
- 7. Groups using the Meeting Room are responsible for any material or equipment brought into the Library. The Librarian should be notified of such material when the application is prepared.
- 8. Each group is responsible for setting up the room, for returning furniture to its original place, for clean-up and removal of trash from the Library, and completely vacating the room 30 minutes prior to closing. Light refreshments are permitted.
- 9. Multimedia equipment (videoconferencing, LCD projector, and associated equipment) and other equipment are available for use in the Meeting Room free of charge. Arrangements and training must be made in advance with Library staff.
- 10. Public events in the library must abide by U.S. copyright law and regulations. The Library is not responsible for any copyright violations by non-library groups.
- 11. An adult of at least 21 years of age must be present at all times when the rooms are being used by youth under 18 years of age.
- 12. The Library reserves the right to move meeting locations as necessary.
- 13. The Library reserves the right to revoke meeting room privileges at any time.
- 14. Meeting rooms, even when scheduled in advance, will not be available when the Library building is closed due to emergency conditions or inclement weather.
- 15. Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- 16. Groups are prohibited from making statements in their publicity or signage that suggest Library sponsorship or endorsement.