You will need your Library card number and password in order to place holds online. Contact the Library for assistance.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on
how to place a hold in the public catalog (OPAC).
1. Put in a request
- Call the Library 802-463-4270
- Or go to https://rfpl.kohavt.org/ to log into your account and place hold
- You may request up to 10 items at one time
- You may request items the Library doesn’t have through Interlibrary Loan
- You can request copy, scans, or faxes be done for you.
2. Wait to hear from us
- Once Staff have gathered your items, we will notify you to schedule a pickup time
- Please allow one full business day for fulfillment
3. Pick-up your items
- WEAR a MASK to ensure everyone’s safety
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others
- PICK up your items and drop off your items in the bins on table near the entrance.
- There will be NO person-to-person contact during the exchange, due to distancing rules and the difficulty of being heard through the masks at a distance.
We will make every effort to make this process accessible to all of our patrons. If you require additional help, please call 802-463-4270 and we will try to arrange alternative accommodations.
The book drop is available for returns.
- For further assistance, call 802-463-4270
- For help with technology, email email@example.com
- Explore our website at https://rockinghamlibrary.org/
- You can tell us what you like to read and we’ll send you our recommendations by clicking here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to provide services in a way that is safe for everyone. Wait times may be longer than usual, and you may occasionally receive a busy signal when calling to request materials.
Please take care of yourself and be safe ~ Rockingham Library Staff
When is contact-free curbside service starting?
Contact-free curbside service is now available by appointment only.
Can I call to request items for contact-free curbside pickup?
Yes. Call 802-463-4270. Or place holds online with your Library card. Library staff will call to schedule an appointment when items are ready.
What can I get from the Library right now?
When you search the KOHA catalog, limit your search to Rockingham Free Public Library. Items that are currently checked out can be placed on hold. You may request interlibrary loan materials. And if there is an item you wish for us to purchase, let us know.
Can I sign up for multiple appointments?
You may sign up for one appointment at a time. Families may make requests for multiple cardholders.
What if I am late for my appointment?
If you miss your appointment, call 802-463-4270 to reschedule. We will hold them for one week.
What if I need to cancel or change my appointment?
Call 802-463-4270 to cancel or change your appointment.
Can I request materials from other libraries?
Can I come into the building to select materials?
No, we've suspended in-person visits for now. For more information please visit the VT Dept of Health
Is your book drop open? Can we return materials?
Our book drop is open.
Are the items we pick up clean?
Library staff are wearing masks and washing hands when handling materials. You can wipe materials down when you receive them but be mindful that some wipes hold a lot of liquid and may damage materials. Returned items are being quarantined for at least ten days.
My home library is not the Rockingham Free Public Library. Can I still use your service?
Yes. As long as you have a valid library card in good standing, you are welcome to use our service. Cards are available for free to Rockingham residents and WNESU students and teachers. The Non-Resident 6-month card fee is $35.00.
If you have documents that need to be printed, call the Library at 802.463.4270 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org where they will be printed and we can either mail the prints back to you or arrange for a curbside pickup. Please include your name and phone number or mailing address, note any special requirements (double sided, color, etc.), and request only a reasonable number of pages.