Report (March - June)
- Cloth Face Masks – While supplies last, FREE masks are available to be picked up in front of J&H Hardware, Parks Place, and the Rockingham Free Public Library in Bellows Falls and at the Saxtons River Market in Saxtons River.
- Call Vermont’s resource line by dialing 2-1-1 with any questions about coronavirus or general questions about help and services in Vermont
- See the Vermont Health Department’s latest info here
- See the Centers for Disease Control’s website
- Positive Coronavirus cases in Vermont
- Positive Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases In New England
- VTDigger COVID-19 email list sign-up
- CDC’s Get Your Community Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Toolkit and resources)
- Health Dept. COVID hotline: (802) 863-7240
- UVM Health Network Covid-19 Information and Updates page organizes its updates by each hospital in the network.
SEVCA can help you (and your family) get access to emergency food services. Call for an appointment, 800-464-9951. Sevca.org
Update from Our Place:
WNESU – Students
WNESU is providing breakfast and lunch FREE to all children 18 and under during school closure. No paperwork or enrollment needed. Meals will be available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starting Monday, March 23, 2020, at several pickup sites and along WNESU bus routes described below.
Mondays & Wednesdays- Each child will receive 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches (4 meals)
Fridays- Each child will receive up to 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches (up to 6 meals per child, while supplies last.) Please help us determine how many meals to prepare by taking the time to fill out our meal order survey at farmtoschoolcafe.org
Bagged meals (breakfast and lunch) will be prepared by our professional school nutrition staff in our sanitary, commercial kitchens at BFMS, BFUHS, and SRES. For the recommended social distancing, we will provide meals initially using a drive-thru pick-up style of service. Menus will be available online and will follow USDA nutritional guidelines.
For more information, or if you have any questions or concerns, please visit the WNESU School Nutrition Website farmtoschoolcafe.org or call your student’s school.
Beginning Monday, 3/23/20, come to any one of our convenient pick-up locations:
Saxtons River Elementary School (drive-thru or walk-thru) 10 AM -1 PM (Burk Hill Road, back of the school by the kitchen/parent pick-up area)
Bellows Falls Middle School (drive-thru or walk-thru) 10 AM -1 PM by the Cherry Hill Street entrance
Bellows Falls Union High School (drive-thru) 10 AM -1 PM
Athens Bus Loop
The bus will leave Saxtons River Elementary at 9:30 am. go to Brookline Road in Athens to the beaver pond, and go up Valley Cemetery Road back to lower Athens Road, delivering meals along the way. Then the bus will arrive at the town garage by 11:00 am. If you missed the bus, you may pick up a meal at the town garage between 11:00 am and 11:15 am.
Grafton Bus Loop
The bus will leave Saxtons River Elementary at 9:30 am, go to Eastman Road, Townshend Road, and arrive at Grafton Elementary School staying there until 11:00 am.
Westminster – W 9–West West Run
The bus will start dropping meals off at Hartley Hill at 10:10 am. and then continue along the Westminster West Road arriving at McKinnon Road at 10:25 am. The bus will turn around and go down Patch Road at 10:35 am. The bus will arrive at the Westminster Center School at serve from 10:45 am until 11:00 am.
Westminster – Morse Brook Rd Route (Bus 3)
The bus will leave Middle School at 9:55 am. and will start delivering meals in North Westminster, Back Westminster Road, Morse Brook Road, Kurn Hattin Rd.
Westminster – (Piggery Road and Rt5 north)
The bus will start dropping meals off at 10:00 am. at the intersection of Kurn Hattin Road and Piggery Road. The bus will proceed south on the Pine Banks Road to Route 5 north dropping meals off on the way. Continuing up Rte 5 dropping off meals past Westminster Housing at 10:30 am.
The bus will leave the Middle school at 9:45 am and go to the Missing Link rd at around 10:00 am will start delivering meals at the North Shore trailer park and proceed up Rt. 5 to the Hit or Miss gun club turn around and go back to route 103 and go north to Brockway mills rd go up to the Springfield town line and come back to rt 103 and go to lower Bartonsville Road and then go to Cambridgeport Road. The bus will park at the town garage to from 10:30 am until 10:45 am.
- Athens Pizza – take out and delivery only 802 463-9777
- Allen Brothers – lots of prepared meals 722-3395
- Leslie’s Tavern – Take Out Click here for menu
Now serving take-out from 4-7:30 Wednesday – Sunday.
Call / text 802-275-7809 or 802-463-4929 to Order.
Orders start at 3pm.
All orders will be brought to your vehicle. Cash and credits will be processed at your car.
- Flat Iron Exchange– takeout only 6am-noon – 460-0357 to check on baked goods on hand
- Lisai’s Corner Deli – daily specials – call for orders and pickup 732-8052
- Lisai’s Market– 463-4118. same hours, no changes yet.
- Rockingham Roasters making coffee deliveries
- WIC: WIC gives you access to healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, and breastfeeding support. If you’re pregnant, a caregiver, or a parent with a child under five, WIC is right for you! To find out more and apply visit https://www.healthvermont.gov/family/wic or text ‘ VTWIC’ to 5-11 85
- 3SquaresVT: Has your household lost pay? Have your childcare expenses increased? 3SquaresVT is here for you and your family to help put food on the table! You could be eligible to receive a 3SquareVT benefit or increase the benefit you already receive. To get help applying visit www.vtfoodbank.org/nurture-people/3squaresvt, call 855-855-6181 or text VFBSNAP to 85511. You can also visit https://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/3SquaresVT
- Hunger Free Vermont Resources Website
- Meal Programs for Older Vermonters: People age 60 and older are especially encouraged to stay at home in order to protect themselves from COVID-19, but staying well nourished is also critical for your health. To help, you may be able to pick up meals to go or have meals delivered to your home. For more information about meals for older adults, please call the Helpline at 1-800-642-5119.
- Food assistance through the Vermont Foodbank network: The Vermont Foodbank is dedicated to supporting Vermonters during all times of need. To get help during this time of crisis, visit vtfoodbank.org/gethelp or call 1-800-585-2265.
- Tool for networking within the Vermont food system https://foodfightvt.com/
- https://www.pricechopper.com/taking-care/ All PC stores will open for seniors only from 6-7am