New card applications are available in the Library and online here.
Library cards are free to Rockingham residents and taxpayers, this includes all residents in Rockingham, Bellows Falls, Saxtons River, Bartonsville, Brockway Mills, Cambridgeport).
Students / Teachers
Non-resident students and faculty who attend or work at a public school in the Windham Northeast Supervisory Union qualify for free student/teacher cards.
Non-Resident cards are available for those that live outside of Rockingham; they cost $70 per year and can be purchased at the Library in one $70 total or $35 for 6 months at a time.
Most library materials circulate for 3 weeks with 1 renewal. Contact the Library for additional renewals.
Passes can be reserved a month in advance and provide free or greatly reduced admission. Each pass can be checked out by Library cardholders age 18 and older for three days at a time.
For details about borrowing a Park or Museum pass, or to make a reservation, please contact the Library.
Current passes available include (updated 2/2023):
- American Precision Museum (Free family admission – 2 adults, 2 children)
- Bandwagon Summer Series From Next Stage (Free admission for 2 adults, not available for all performances)
- Brattleboro Museum & Art Center (Free admission)
- Cheshire Children’s Museum (1/2 Price Admission)
- ECHO (Reduced admission, $7 per person)
- Fairbanks Museum (Free admission for up to 2 adults, 2 children)
- Hildene, The Lincoln Family Home (Free admission for 1 adult, 2 children)
- Nature Museum at Grafton (Free admission for one family)
- Shelburne Farms (Free admission up 2 adults, 2 children)
- Southern VT Natural History Museum (Free admission for 2)
- Vermont’s History Museum (Free admission for one family)
- VINS (Admission reduced to $5 per person, under 3 is free)
- Vermont Historic Sites (Free admission for car up to 8 people)
- VT State Parks (Day Use Only – Free admission for car up to 8 people)
Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
ILL items circulate for different lengths which are set by the lending library we’re borrowing the materials from; when you receive an ILL there will be a piece of paper letting you know when the item is due. Depending on the lending library we may or may not be able to renew your ILL materials. If you need to renew the book, contact the Rockingham Library at 802-463-4270.