The Friends of the Rockingham Library is a Non-Profit Organization whose mission is to:
- FOCUS public attention on Library Services and needs.
- PROMOTE the use of Library resources and programs.
- ENHANCE Library services by providing funding and volunteers.
Since reorganizing in January, 2010, the Friends group has been very active and true to its mission of providing support to the library.
Events & Activities include:
- The Springtime Annual Membership Drive
- The Friends Preview Sale, the night before the Annual Book Sale in April
- The Annual Plant Sale, the Saturday before Mother’s Day
- The Refreshment Table at the Guildford Welcome Center in August
- The Annual Holiday Party & Silent Auction, the first Saturday in December
- The Winter Trivia Event
- Sale of merchandise, i.e., book bags & notecards
- Annual Spring plant sale
- December raffle and silent auction
- Trivia event
- Donations for refreshments at the Guilford Welcome Center
- Financial support for Youth and Adult programs
- Passes to VINS & the Cheshire Children’s Museum
- Meeting room equipment, i.e., projector & screen, sound system, tables & chairs
- Furniture & equipment, i.e., study tables, shelving, rugs, privacy screen, book carts
- Banners, signs & message boards
- Printing of notecards & handouts
- Library book bags & Library magnets