Trustees Policy Committee Special Meeting
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Click here to download a .pdf of these minutes and the discussed attachments: 2015 10 08 Policy Committee Mtg Minutes
Present: Carol Blackwood, Chairperson; Doreen Aldrich, L. Raymond Massucco, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch, Committee Members and Celina Houlne, Librarian
- Call to Order: Carol Blackwood, Chair called the meeting to order at 5:15 p. m.
- Additions to the agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: New election of chairperson.
- Public Comment: None
- New Business: Blackwood advised that she was not able to continue being the chair of this committee due to her heavy workload. After a brief discussion, Taetzsch nominated Rowley, seconded by Massucco. There being no other nominations or objections, the motion carried. Blackwood left the meeting at 5:25 p. m.
- Approve Minutes of 3 February 2015 Meeting: Houlne asked that the word “Draft” be deleted from all meeting minutes . Massucco moved to approve the Feb. 3, 2015 minutes, seconded by Rowley. Taetzsch abstained. The motion carried.
- Leave Policy for Part-Time Staff: Houlne recommended benefits for part-time employees as the six part-time staff members are vital to running the library. Her revisions to the Personnel Policy are attached. There are two parts, leave time and sick time. After much discussion, Massucco said he is generally in favor of the policy; but nowhere ready to approve at this meeting. Conceptually, he agrees. Houlne will include these materials for the October 27th trustee meeting to be read and ready for discussion. She asked that the minutes reflect that the committee is conceptually in favor.
- Set Date for Next Meeting and Review Agenda Items: Committee left the time of the next meeting open ended.
- Review Tasks: Houlne will send out the agenda to the full board.
- Executive Session: None needed.
- Adjourn: Massucco moved to adjourn at 6:30 p.m.