Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees
Strategic Planning Committee Meeting Minutes
April 6, 2016
Members present: John, Leslie, Ellen, Gary, Celina
- Add to agenda –
- Approve minute of February 10, 2016
- Approve officers of Strategic Planning Committee.
- No public comment.
- Lesllie moves minutes of Feb 10. John seconds – approved unanimous
- Lelsie moves and John Seconds – John as chair and Gary as secretary – unanimous
- Discussed the results of the survey – no indication for strategic change – perhaps a bit more public information and outreach on 3 or 4 items. Next Steps for this:
- Tell board results of survey and see what their perspective is?
- Look at Next 3 to 5 years – anything we have in mind for the library?
- Celina’s proposals –
- Staff goes through and checks off the items in the strategic plan that are complete – and writes what we did in each
- Any new ideas about- in the next 3 (or 5) years – this is what we want to pursue? Important and useful in grant applications
- Talk to (Amy – regional Librarian suggested focus groups – this is a different version of that), different community groups and organizations by going to the different groups meetings they already hold (womens club, bike project, Veterens, School board, Senior Center, Sam with her teenagers
- Compile the above information and present to board and board go through a facilitated Strategic Planning exercise from here
There was a lot of discussion on different methods and what we want to get out of this, although we ran out of time and were not able to get through this discussion today.
- Next meeting to be determined after board discussion on this
Strategic Planning Committee Secretary