Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Location: Youth Programming Room
Trustees in attendance: Celine Houlne, L. Ray Massucco, John Bohannon, Doreen Aldrich, Leslie Lassetter, Carol Blackwood, Heidi Lauricella, Martha Rowley
Absent Trustees: Gary Fox
Guest: Pat Fowler (representative for Friends of the Library)
- Call to Order – 6:17
- Additions – Roof Repair Safety Device
- Public Comment – Pat Fowler made a request to the board for help with the May 7th Plant Sale which will run from 9:00am to 2:00pm. The group needs baked good and clean-up help. Doreen, Ellen, John, Carol and Celine will bake. Martha will help with clean-up.
- Approval of Minutes – motion carries unanimously with the changes of:
- Remove the word “Organizational” for the title
- “Committees – up to 4 trustees as members on a committee”
- “bookkeeper” (spelling)
- Director’s Report (submitted in writing) – Celine reviewed highlights
- Strategic Planning – Board suggested areas of future focus for the committee to consider.
- Other Business
- Authorization of Legal Expenses – Motion carried unanimously “To Authorize the payment of $2,925 for the legal services provided by Mr. Ankuda.”
- Tidd Trust Substitution
- The motion was made “To move as a board to take no action.” Five members voted against the motion and two abstained.
- Motion carried unanimously “To object to the recommendation that the trustee of the Albert J. Tidd Trust, People’s United Bank, seeks to have the Austine School of the Deaf Museum, Inc. substituted for the now defunct Austine School for the Deaf, because it fails to meet the perceived original intent of the grantor.” Ray has volunteered to file this objection with the court.
- Roof Repair Anchors (a safety device for workers)- Motion carries unanimously “To Authorize Celine to allow the contractor to substitute roof anchors for wall anchors, as this concurs with the safety recommendation made by the contractor.”
- Review and Approve Warrants – Done
- Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting
- Review roof repair budget and authorize funds
- Receive report on outcome of the Tidd Trust substitution case
- Next Meeting – May 24, 2016 at 6:15pm
- Meeting adjourned at 7:45pm