Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Personnel Committee Meeting
Monday, Nov. 23, 2020
Present: John Bohannon, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch, Brady Weinstock, Celina Houlne
LOCATION: To protect the health of the public, the meeting was held online via Zoom.
1. Call to Order: 1:03 pm.
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: n/a
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person): n/a
4. Approve Minutes of September 11, 2020 meeting: Ellen moved, John seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
5. Evaluation of Director: We are missing input from 8 people to whom the evaluation link went out (we received 12 responses out of 19). John moved that we proceed without any further input. Ellen seconded. Motion failed. John moved that we extend the deadline for submissions until the end of the day Monday, Nov. 30, and that the library director will contact board members and others via telephone to ensure they received the link. Brady seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
6. Other Business: n/a
7. Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting: See item #8.
8. Set Date for Next Meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2 pm (exec session to review new input and finalize); Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2 pm (exec session to review letter)
9. Executive Session (If Necessary):
John moved that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving an RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. Martha seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
John moved that the Personnel Committee enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage, and that the Director not be invited to attend. Brady seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
The committee left executive session at 2 pm. No action was taken.
10. Adjourn: Martha moved, John seconded. Meeting adjourned at 2:03 pm.
Brady Weinstock, Secretary