Library Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
PRESENT: Ellen Taetzsch, Don Tretler, Martha Rowley, Duane Whitehead, Dale Kondracki, Celina Houlne, Claudia Sofield, Kathleen Hacker, Mary Shepard.
ABSENT: Brady Weinstock
LOCATION: To protect the health of the public, the meeting was held on-line via ZOOM.
1. Call to Order: 6:10
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: n/a
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person): n/a
4. Oath of Office: Will be held at Village Square Booksellers with Pat. Call to arrange a good time.
5. Election of Officers: Don moved, Martha seconded.
Chair – Ellen Taetzsch, Vice-Chair – Don Tretler, Treasurer – Martha Rowley, Secretary – Brady Weinstock
6. Selection of Regular Meeting Date, Time, & Schedule for the Year: Martha moved, Mary seconded.
1st Tuesday of every other month – Jan., Mar., May, July, Sept., Nov.
7. Adoption of Rules of Procedure, Code of Ethics, Continuation of Adopted Policies: Ellen moved, Dale seconded
We will abide by Robert’s Rules of Order, provided to us in Binders
8. Board Signature Authorization: Martha moved, Mary seconded
Board members available to sign warrants.
9. Board Committees Assignments: Don moved, Ellen seconded
Brady will be leaving the Fundraising committee.
Duane will be leaving Policy and joining Finance.
Claudia will be joining both Policy and Fundraising.
Dale will be leaving Fundraising.
10. Approve Minutes of January 5, 2021 Meeting: Mary moved, Duane seconded
approved unanimously, Claudia abstained
11. Director’s Report & FY21 Budget Status Report:
Auditors are almost finished. Questions can be addressed to Shannon at the Town Finance office.
Duane had a question about Staff Activities – RFPL has been on FACT-TV 3 times to talk about the membership drive for Friends of the Library.
Ellen commented on a reduction in the budget which Duane questioned.
12. Executive Session – Employees’ Labor Relations Negotiations, Director’s Evaluation
Entered Executive Session: 6:50
Left Executive Session: 7:22
13. Other Business: n/a
14. Review Action Items, and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting
We will vote on a Merit Increase for the Library Director.
15. Review and Approve Warrants;
Ellen moved, Mary seconded
Kathleen and Duane will drop by the Library to sign.
16. Adjourn: Martha moved, Ellen seconded
Next meeting – Tuesday May 4th at 6pm.
Adjourned at 7:29pm.
Don Tretler, Vice Chair
Posted March 14, 2021