Rockingham Free Public Library Board of Trustees
Thursday, March 3, 2022
Present: Don Tretler, Martha Rowley, Brady Weinstock, Duane Whitehead, Mary Shepard, Carol Blackwood, Margo Ghia, Ryan Coyne, Claudia Sofield, Ian Graham
Members of the public: Pat Fowler
Location: In the Library’s Youth Program Room, and also online via Zoom.
- Call to Order: 6:35 pm
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: n/a
- Public Comment (3 minutes per person): n/a
- Oath of Office information: Oath of office was administered to the three new trustees by Pat
- Election of Officers: Don moved that the four officers be elected as named: Chair: Carol Blackwood; Vice-Chair: Don Tretler; Treasurer: Martha Rowley; Secretary: Brady Weinstock. Martha seconded. Motion passed
- Selection of Regular Meeting Date, Time, & Schedule for the Year: Carol moved that the meetings be held the first Tuesday of the month in odd months at 6:30 pm. Don seconded. Motion passed
- Adoption of Rules of Procedure, Code of Ethics, Continuation of Adopted Policies: Carol moved that the board adopt the current Rules of Procedure, Code of Ethics, and Continuation of Adopted Martha seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Board Committee Assignments: Carol moved that the board approve the committee assignments. Mary Motion passed unanimously.
- Approve Minutes of January 4, 2022 Meeting: Don moved that the minutes be approved. Brady Motion passed, with three abstentions from the new members who had not been present at that meeting.
- FY22 Budget Status Report: Ian explained the line items that were over budget due to staff
- Motion and Discussion: approval for expense lines $1,000 or more over-budget
Don moved that the Library Board of Trustees approve additional expenses (expected to be more than $1,000 over budget per line item) for the line items described below, as stipulated in the Library Director’s job description. Carol seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
(Continued on next page)
- Motion and Discussion: Historical Collection Committee recommendation to conserve three historical objects:
Don moved that the Library Board of Trustees approve the conservation treatment and archival framing of three objects owned by the Rockingham Free Public Library (Vermont Farm Machine Company ink-wash drawing; silver gelatin print of the 1927 flood; 1896 birds-eye view of Bellows Falls) at the total cost of $3,665 ($2,300 for conservation treatment and $1,365 for archival framing); and that the Board approve the transfer of not more than $3,665 from the Historical Collections reserve fund (120-03-2080-95.08). Martha seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Other Business:
Don moved that the Library Board of Trustees authorize use of money from the
Reserve-Building Repair Fund to pay ARC Mechanical for major repairs to the HVAC system. The exact amount due is not known at this time. Mary seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Review Action Items, and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting: Personnel Committee will schedule their meeting before the next full board meeting. Next full board meeting will be May 3 at 6:30
- Review and Approve Warrants
- Adjourn: Don moved, Mary Meeting adjourned at 8:17 pm.
Respectfully submitted, Brady Weinstock, Secretary