Library Board of Trustees Building and Grounds Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May17, 2022
LOCATION: Rockingham Free Public Library Youth Department Meeting Room, and Zoom
Click here to download a .pdf of these minutes
1. Call to Order: at 6:33PM
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: None
3. PublicComment (3 minutes per person): None
4. Discussion: The Committee discussed the need to add a dedicated budget line of $5,000 for repairs that are not covered by existing service contracts. In FY22, repairs totaled just over $5,000, and included roof and HVAC repairs.
a. Landscape: Dying tree removed; new Sugar Maple to be planted. Bike rack to be installed in front of the building.
b. Exterior: Steps in front and to the side of the building need repair. Estimates forthcoming. Façade has several places needing masonry touch up or repair. Flashing fell off roofline in rear of building. Estimates will be provided to full Board upon receipt.
c. Book Drop: existing rusted book drop to be replaced by new book drop at first opportunity. New drop will be placed exactly where current book drop is.
d. Interior: Doors and lights are in need of repair and/or replacement. Seeking estimate for lighting conversion to LED, and possibility of green initiative funding for that work.
5. Other Business: Brief discussion of insurance coverage and security system.
6. Schedule next meeting: To be scheduled at a later date.
7. Executive Session (if necessary): None.
8. Adjourn: at 7:42PM