Board of Trustees
Tuesday, September 6, 2022
Present: Carol Blackwood, Don Tretler, Martha Rowley, Ryan Coyne, Claudia Sofield, Margo Ghia,
Dwayne Whitehead, Ian Graham, Mary van Hartesveldt
Absent: Brady Weinstock, Mary Shepard
Click here to download a .pdf of these minutes
1. Call to Order: 6:30 pm
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: none
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person): none
4. Approve Minutes of July 5, 2022 Meeting: approved unanimously.
5. Financial Report: Investments and Annuities: Mary van Hartesveldt discussed the library’s investments and annuities.
6. Director’s Report: Director discussed the challenges of scheduling repair work on the building; the Book Bike grant has been extended into the fall (converting from summer program to afterschool program); a local group has proposed the possibility of installing permanent bike racks on the concrete pad in front of the building; banned book week will feature a display at the library.
7. Motion and Discussion: approval for expense lines $1,000 or more over budget: no action needed
8. Motion and Discussion: approval for use of Building Reserve Fund: Ghia moved that the library director is authorized to use not more than $5,000 in building reserve funds to pay for urgent and
unanticipated repairs to the library building in FY23. The library director will report any expenditures from the fund at the first board meeting following repairs. Rowley seconded.
Motion passed unanimously.
9. Motion and Discussion: FY23 Director salary increase: Ghia moved that the board approve an FY23 salary increase of 2% for the library director, as recommended by the Personnel Committee
on July 5, 2022, retroactive to July 1, 2022. Sofield seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
10. Schedule committee meetings: Personnel Committee tentatively scheduled for October 4, 2022, at
6:30pm. Finance Committee and Historical Collections Committee will meet prior to next board
meeting. Next board meeting is November 1, 2022.
11. Other Business: none
12. Executive Session (if necessary): none
13. Review Action Items, and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting
14. Review and Approve Warrants
15. Adjourn. Rowley moved. Meeting adjourned at 7:41pm.
Submitted by Ryan Coyne, September 7, 2022