Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Personnel Committee Meeting
Monday, October 29, 2018
Present: John Bohannon, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch, Kate Kane
Also Present: Célina Houlné, Director
1. Call to Order : 3:30 PM
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
4. Approve Minutes of meeting : Ellen moved, Martha seconded. Approved unanimously.
5. Evaluation Process : John reviewed the evaluation process: The committee will create an evaluation letter today and bring it to the Board of Trustees at November meeting for approval. Celina will receive the letter and can respond to it at the January meeting.
6. Other Business : None
7. Executive Session – Director’s Evaluation :
John moved that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. The motion was seconded and approved.
John moved that the committee enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage. The motion was seconded and approved.
The committee entered executive session at 3:33 PM. The committee exited executive session at 4:05.
8. Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting : John will prepare a draft evaluation to present to the Board of Trustees at the next meeting.
9. Set Date for Next Meeting : To be announced
10. Adjourn : Ellen moved to adjourn. John seconded. Meeting adjourned at 4:07 PM.
Kate Kane, Secretary