Library Board of Trustees
November 28, 2017
Present: Ellen Taetzsch, Martha Rowley, Susan Spaulding, Heidi Lauricella, Kate Kane, Brady Weinstock, John Bohannon, Celina Houlne
Absent: Gary Fox
Guests: Polly Montgomery, Alex Bravakis, Lou Bravakis
- Call to order: 6:15pm
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: N/A
- Public Comment: Polly Montgomery- the holiday party will be 12/2. The Friends of the Library are looking for donations of food. Raffle tickets are for sale.
- Approve Minutes of September 19th Board Meeting: Motion made to approve minutes, seconded and passed unanimously
- Group Net Metering Proposal – Novus Energy Development, LLC: Alec and Lou Bravakis presented about an opportunity to join a solar energy project the town is involved with.
Motion made to allow Ray Masucco to review net metering contract and come to next meeting with recommendations, seconded and unanimously passed
- Executive Session – Directors Evaluation, Employees’ Labor Relations Negotiations
Motion made to move that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning two personnel matters involving RFPL employees will clearly place the employees and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the person details of the topics, seconded, unanimously passed
Motion made that the Board enter into an executive session to discuss two personnel matters where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage, and that the Director be invited to attend, seconded, unanimously passed.
The board exited the executive session at 6:55pm
Motion made that the Board approve the annual evaluation of the Director as discussed and that the Board Chair be directed to present the written evaluation to the Director at his earliest convenience, seconded, unanimously passed.
Motion made that the Board approve the modification of the union contract involving two RFPL employees in the three ways discussed and that the minutes reflect those three changes; I also move that John and Brady be authorized to sign the modified contract, seconded, unanimously passed.
The three changes are:
- Three year contract July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2020
- 0% wage increase each year of the contract Retro to July 1, 2017
- 2 Medical and Dental Insurance (d) Change pro-rated cash payment to reflect same as town from 35% to 50% and remove sentence “For employees hired after Dec 31, 2011, capped at $6,000.00”
- Director’s Report
- Finance – FY19 Budget: motion made to adopt the proposed FY19 budget as presented including the adjustment for payroll and benefits as prescribed in FY18 projected budget, seconded, motion approved with one abstention.
- Other Business: N/A
- Review and Approve Warrants
- Review Action Items, and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting: There is a select board meeting 12/5 please try to attend if possible, review group net metering agreement, sign appeal letters
- Review Date for Next Meeting: January 23, 2018 at 6:15pm
- Adjourn: Motion to adjourn at 7:50