Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Present: John Bohannon, Martha Rowley, Kate Kane, Kathleen Hacker, Ellen Taetzsch, Célina Houlné
Absent: Brady Weinstock, Susan Spaulding, Don Tretler, Dale Kondracki
1. Call to Order : 6:20 PM
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
4. Approve minutes of the May 7th meeting : Kathleen moved, Kate seconded. Motion passed with 4 aye votes, 0 nay votes, and 1 abstention.
5. Director’s Report & FY19 Budget Status Report : Lunch program is happening here at RFPL through the summer. Bill McSalis, former FBI agent, came to do an Active Shooter training. Célina met with Everett Hammond, Director of Public Works, about the leak in the stairwell. Another leak in the sprinkler room in the basement; will deal with this after the stairwell is addressed. FY19 Budget: some cost-saving measures have been taken; final numbers will be available after the auditors have reviewed the finances.
6. Financial Actions – FY19 Transfer of Funds : Martha moved that the Treasurer of the Rockingham Free Public Library Board of Trustees is hereby authorized and requested to pay the Barker Trust interest received in June 2019 in the amount of $8,936.76 to the Town, such amount to be withdrawn from the River Valley Credit Union account #271036 in a bank check made payable to the Town of Rockingham. Library staff will record the payment and deliver it to the Town. Ellen seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
7. Other business : Friends of the Library will hold the Guilford Welcome Center fundraiser on August 1st. A final planning meeting will take place on July 22nd at 5:30 PM.
8. Review and approve warrants : Done.
9. Review action items, and proposed agenda items for next meeting : None
10. Review date for next meeting : Tuesday, September 3, 2019, at 6:15 PM
11. Adjourn : Ellen moved to adjourn, Kathleen seconded. Meeting adjourned at 6:42 PM.