Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Present: Carol Blackwood, Don Tretler, Brady Weinstock, Duane Whitehead, Mary Shepard, Margo Ghia, Ryan Coyne, Claudia Sofield, Ian Graham
Members of the public: n/a
Absent: Martha Rowley
Click here to download a .pdf of these minutes.
Location: In the Library’s Youth Program Room, and also online via Zoom.
- Call to Order: 6:33 pm
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require
ratification at a future meeting: n/a
- Public Comment (3 minutes per person): n/a
- Approve Minutes of March 3, 2022 Meeting: Margo moved that the minutes be approved. Maryseconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Director’s Report and FY22 Budget Status Report: Youth librarian Sam Maskell applied for andreceived a grant to have a mobile “book bike”, a mobile lending library for youth in town. The grantincludes funding for a part-time staffer to drive the bike. More details to be announced soon! Samalso was selected as one of 100 educators/librarians around the country to participate in the first cohort of First Book’s Time for Change initiative as a Change Ambassador.
- Motion and Discussion: approve transfer of reserve funds to pay for approved expenses:
Mary moved that the Treasurer of the Rockingham Free Public Library Board of Trustees is hereby
authorized and requested to pay to the Town the FY22 Reserves funds for the following expenses:
$750.00 from Historical Collections Reserve Fund for conservation treatment deposit; $1,669.00
from Building Reserves Fund to cover slate tile roof repair; $3,371.20 from Building Reserves to cover HVAC repair, such amount to be withdrawn from the 802 Credit Union account in a bank check made payable to the Town of Rockingham. Library staff will record the payment and deliver it to the Town. These expenses were previously approved by the Library Board of Trustees earlier in FY22. Brady seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion and Discussion: approve transfer of trust and interest income:
Margo moved that the Treasurer of the Rockingham Free Public Library Board of Trustees is hereby authorized and requested to pay to the Town the FY22 Trust Income in the amount necessary to offset any expenses not covered by other revenue already provided to the Town, such amount to be withdrawn from the 802 Credit Union account in a bank check made payable to the Town of Rockingham. Library staff will record the payment and deliver it to the Town. Mary seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion and Discussion: approval for expense lines $1,000 or more over budget
Brady moved that the Library Board of Trustees approve additional expenses (expected to be more than $1,000 over budget line) for the line item Computer/Technology (currently $1,010 over budget line but likely to increase as final ARPA grant money is spent), as stipulated in the Library Director’s job description. Mary seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Preliminary discussion: August maturity date for SecureFore5 investment: Motion will be required at July Board meeting to determine course of action.
- Schedule committee meetings: Buildings and Grounds – Tuesday, May 17 at 6:30 pm; Personnel -Tuesday, June 7 at 6:30 pm
- Other Business: Policy issues, discuss before 2023.
- Review Action Items, and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting: Finance and Fundraising
Committees will set meeting dates. Next meeting will be Tuesday, July 5 at 6:30 pm.
- Review and Approve Warrants: Done
- Adjourn: Margo moved. Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm.
Brady Weinstock, Secretary