BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
MARCH 24, 2015
Location Youth Program Room
Please click here to download a .pdf of these minutes: Rockingham Free Public Library Meeting Minutes March 24 2015
Trustees Present: Carol Blackwood, Chair; Doreen Aldrich, John Bohannon, Pat Fowler, David Gould, Leslie Lassetter & Martha Rowley
Trustees Absent: Karin Fischer & L. Raymond Massucco
Library Personnel Present: Celina Houlne, Director
Members of the Public Present: None
- The meeting was called to order at 6:20 p.m.
- Blackwood advised that the addition to the agenda would be under
“New Business” — Executive Session to approve negotiation team.
- There was no public comment.
- Houlne asked that the minutes reflect that she was present at the March 10th Gould moved to accept the minutes of 3/10/15 with the correction by Houlne. Fowler seconded and the motion passed.
- The Director gave a brief overview of her report. She is getting ready for the book sale on 4/10. Three employees were out sick last week and they were stretched. Friends of the Library are planning a plant sale on May 9th. The library received another donation from the Ryan Ostebo Estate. There will be a Historical Commission Meeting next Monday.
- Committee Assignments: A list of assignments was reviewed by those present and other than corrections to spelling of names, all were ok with their assignments. Bohannon asked if there is a mission for the committees and Blackwood suggested doing that at the first meeting. Bohannon sees confusion with Bldgs. & Grounds, Strategic Planning & Fundraising. We should be prepared to present strategic ideas to the full board in May.
- Committee Reports: Financial – Fowler passed out minutes from their 2/27/15 meeting. Nancy Tusinski should be the signer on the petty cash account in place of Emily Zervas. Gould moved to authorize Nancy Tusinski to sign on the petty cash account seconded by Bohannon. Motion passed. b. Personnel – Review/Approval of Requested Educational Class for Director –
Gould moved to fund from the savings, $204.00 for her to participate in a webinar and to attend the Stafford Technical Center in Rutland, VT ($45.00 for the webinar and $159.00 for the workshop at the Stafford Technical Center plus travel expense.) Bohannon seconded and the motion passed. The webinar to focus on the basics of leadership and on the nuts and bolts of supervision including delegation & trust, work flow, goal setting, training and development and evaluation. Aldrich asked if webinars are the same as attending classes.
- Standardardization of RFPL Forms: Houlne asked that all agendas, minutes, etc. use a standard form and presented samples, attached. The one change to the Agenda was “New” Business instead of “Other” Business and to the header/minutes, leave off “draft”. Lassetter moved to accept the templates presented, seconded by Gould. The motion passed.
- Chamber of Commerce Mixer: Earlier we discussed hosting in the spring. Lassetter who is chairing this committee asked to put it off as she is new on the board. Motion by Gould and seconded by Lassetter to put this off until October 21st. The motion passed.
- New Business: Executive Session
RFPL Trustee 03/24/15
Page 2 of 2
- At 7:35 p.m., Gould moved to go into executive session to discuss arbitration, mediation, grievances, civil actions where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage, and that the Library Director be invited to attend. Lassetter seconded and the motion passed. The trustees came out of executive session at 7:42 p.m. Fowler moved that Gould be appointed in place of Massucco to attend the upcoming mediation. Bohannon seconded and the motion passed.
- Adjourn to next meeting Tues., April 28, 2015 at 6:15 p.m. Motion by Gould and seconded by Aldrich to adjourn at 7:44 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Doreen Aldrich, in Karen Fischer’s absence, March 26, 2015