Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Present: John Bohannon, Ellen Taetzsch, Martha Rowley, Kate Kane, Susan Spaulding, Don Tretler, Kathleen Hacker, Dale Kondracki, Brady Weinstock, Célina Houlné
Guests: Tom & Judy Platt
1. Call to Order : 6:02 PM
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that
will require ratification at a future meeting : None
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : Tom Platt stated that their art gallery was instrumental in getting the Jerry Pfohl painting to its place in the library, they have not been paid a commission by Jerry Pfohl’s widow yet, and they would like to receive an explanation why Célina is not able to talk with them about this situation.
4. Approve minutes of January 22 and March 12 meetings : Ellen moved, Brady seconded. Approved by consent.
5. Verification of regular meeting date/time and schedule for the year : First Tuesday of every other month starting in May, beginning at 6:15 PM.
6. Trustee Committee assignments : Kathleen will go onto the Finance, Long-Range, and Policy committees. Dale will go onto the Building & Grounds, Historical Collections, and Fundraising committees. Kate will come off the Fundraising committee.
7. Director’s Report & FY19 Budget Status Report : Célina reported a very busy month. The Friends have a new board. Friends’ fundraisers are coming up: book sale, plant sale, Welcome Center, holiday party, trivia. In the budget status report, Célina noted that RFPL does not owe the town any more money, but RFPL will end with a net loss for the year. Célina asked for board members to volunteer at the book sale.
8. Other business : Célina’s semi-annual performance review is coming up. John will email the RFPL mission statement to board members. Board members should use the mission statement to evaluate Célina. Email comments to John by 4/12. In the subject line, put CONFIDENTIAL. Personnel Cmte will meet the following week and go over the comments with Célina.
9. Review and approve warrants : Done.
10. Review action items, and proposed agenda items for next meeting : Personnel Cmte will report to the board regarding the semi-annual evaluation of director.
11. Review date for next meeting : May 7, 2019, at 6:15 PM
12. Executive Session (if necessary) : John moved that the board go into executive session to discuss a financial matter, and that the executive director be invited to attend. Ellen seconded. Approved unanimously. The board went into executive session at 6:27 PM. The board came out of executive session at 6:48 PM. No action was taken.
13. Adjourn : Ellen moved to adjourn, Susan seconded. Meeting adjourned at 6:50 PM.