RFPL Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
28 June 2016
Top Floor Meeting Room
Trustees Present: John Bohannon (chair), Leslie Lassetter, Martha Rowley, Doreen Aldrich, Ray Massucco, Heidi Lauricella
Trustees Absent: Carol Blackwood, Gary Fox
Library Personnel Present: Celina Houlne (director)
Members of Public Present: none
- Call to Order: 6:17
- Additions to Agenda: none
- Public Comment: none
- Approval of Minutes:
- A motion was made to accept the June 14, 2016 minutes as written. The motion was seconded. The motion was unanimously approved.
- A motion was made to accept the May 24, 2016 minutes as written. The motion was seconded. The following change was proposed and accepted – “Gary Fox’s name should be added under trustee present at the meeting.” A vote of five affirmative and one abstaining carried the motion to accept the minutes with the noted change.
- Director’s Report (submitted in writing): Celina reviewed highlights
- The library did not receive the EBSCO grant
- The fiscal books will be closed and ready for review at the July meeting
- Personnel Committee Report: Report by the Personnel Committee
- The committee is working to combine the three documents contract, job description and director’s responsibilities in personnel policy into one document.
- The committee is moving toward making a recommendation to align the director’s grade level and pay with that of comparable positions in town.
- The committee is working on revising the director evaluation process
- The semi-annual review of the director has been completed. A copy has been placed in the director’s personnel file.
- Other Business: Treasurer Martha Rowley announced she will not be available to sign the warrants next week. Trustees Leslie L. and Doreen A. volunteered to sign the warrants in her absence.
- Executive Session:
- The motion was made “I move to find that premature general public knowledge of the situation concerning a pending legal action involving the RFPL board will clearly place the board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing its current statue”. This motion was seconded and passed with a unanimous vote.
- The motion was made “ I move that the board enter into executive session to discuss a legal action where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage and that the director by invited to attend. This motion was seconded and passed with a unanimous vote.
- Board entered executive session
- Board came out of executive session
- Review and Approval of Warrants: Completed
- Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting
- Personnel Committee will have a update on the items presented during this meeting (see #6)
- Strategic Planning Committee will report on their work
- Next Meeting: July 26, 2016 at 6:15pm
- Adjourn: 6:58