Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Personnel Committee Meeting
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Present: John Bohannon, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch, Kate Kane
Also Present: Célina Houlné, Director
1. Call to Order : 4:06 PM
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
3. Election of Committee Chair and Secretary : Ellen made motion to nominate John as Chair, Ellen as Vice Chair, and Kate as Secretary. Martha seconded the motion. No additional nominations were put forward. The motion carried unanimously.
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
4. Approve Minutes of October 29, 2018 meeting : John moved, Ellen seconded. Kate suggested adding “and no action was taken” to the Executive Session part of the minutes. Approved unanimously with noted change.
5. Review Evaluation Process : John reviewed the evaluation process as laid out in the RFPL Personnel Policy.
6. Other Business : None
7. Executive Session – Director’s Semi-Annual Performance Review :
John moved that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. The motion was seconded and approved.
John moved that the committee enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage and that the Director be invited to attend. The motion was seconded and approved.
The committee entered executive session at 4:15 PM. The committee exited executive session at 4:55, and no action was taken.
8. Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting : John will write a memorandum to be reviewed by the committee and then to be read in executive session at the next board meeting.
9. Set Date for Next Meeting : Tentatively October 22nd at 4:15 PM.
10. Adjourn : Ellen moved to adjourn. Martha seconded. Meeting adjourned at 4:59 PM.
Kate Kane, Secretary