Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Click here to download a .pdf of these minutes.
Present: John Bohannon, Ellen Taetzsch, Martha Rowley, Kate Kane, Kathleen Hacker, Dale Kondracki, Brady Weinstock, Célina Houlné
Absent: Susan Spaulding, Don Tretler
Guests: Pat Fowler, Justice of Peace
1. Call to Order : 7:33 PM
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
4. Oath of Office : The Oath of Office was administered by Pat Fowler, Justice of the Peace.
5. Election of Officers : John nominated the following to serve as officers of the RFPL Board of Trustees for this election cycle: John Bohannon as Chair, Ellen Taetzsch as Vice Chair, Martha Rowley as Treasurer, and Kate Kane as Secretary. Martha seconded. No further nominations were put forward. The motion passed unanimously.
6. Selection of Regular Meeting Date/Time and Schedule for the Year : 1st Tuesday at 6:15 PM in the following months: January, March, May, July, September, November (except this current month).
7. Affirmation of Rules of Procedure Policy, Code of Ethics, Signature Authorization :
* John reviewed the Code of Ethics which each trustee signed.
* John reviewed the Rules of Procedures policy.
* We are only trustees when at a warned meeting that has been called to order; do not speak as a trustee when approached on the street.
* If there are three or more trustees in a group, we constitute a committee, so it must be a warned meeting. Do not speak about library business
* Do not speak for the group; you are only allowed to speak on what we have voted on. Send people to Célina.
* We make a decision by group voting; it is then our decision.
* Every email is also sent to the RFPL repository. Do not use your own email for library business.
* Ellen moved that the Rockingham Library Board of Trustees authorize any officer of the Board of Trustees to sign routine documents that do not deal with changes of policy or commitment of unbudgeted funds; and that this authorization be reviewed for renewal annually. John seconded the motion. Motion passed unanimously.
8. Trustee committees and assignment requests : John asked the trustees to look over the committee assignments and bring any changes to the following meeting.
9:.Authorization for Bank Accounts: Martha moved that the RFPL Board of Trustees approve the Library Director, Celina Houlne, and the Treasurer, Martha Rowley, to be signers for the following Library bank and investment accounts, and for the bookkeeper Mary Van Hartesveldt to have information only access: AXA Annuity Peoples Securities, SecureFore 5 Annuity Forethought Life Insurance Company Peoples Securities, Peoples Securities money market, River Valley Credit Union money market and business accounts, and TD Bank Petty Cash Checking. Ellen seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
10. Other Business : None
11. Executive Session (if needed) : None
12. Date of Next Board Meeting : Tuesday, March 26, 2019, at 6:00 PM.
13. Adjourn : Ellen moved, Brady seconded. Meeting adjourned at 8:03 PM.