Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Personnel Committee Meeting
Thursday, November 21, 2019
Present: John Bohannon, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch, Kate Kane
2019.11.21 Library Personnel Committee Minutes
1. Call to Order : 4:15 PM
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
4. Approve Minutes of meeting : Ellen moved, John seconded. Approved unanimously.
5. Evaluation Process : John reviewed the evaluation process: The committee will review the evaluation forms today. At a December committee meeting, the committee will prepare a statistical and narrative evaluation and cover letter to bring to the January board meeting for approval. Celina will receive the letter and can respond to it either at a special February Board of Trustees meeting or the regular March meeting.
6. Other Business : None
7. Executive Session – Director’s Evaluation :
John moved that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. The motion was seconded and approved.
John moved that the committee enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage. The motion was seconded and approved.
The committee entered executive session at 4:23 PM. The committee exited executive session at 4:42, and no action was taken.
8. Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting : John will prepare a draft evaluation to present to the committee members.
9. Set Date for Next Meeting : December 5, 2019, at 4:15 PM
10. Adjourn : Ellen moved to adjourn. John seconded. Meeting adjourned at 4:45 PM.
Kate Kane, Secretary