TUESDAY, November 12th, 2013
4:30 PM at Meeting Room, RFPL, Bellows Falls, VT
2. Public Comment – 2 minutes per person; 15 minute time period for all public comments.
3. Public records requests – Library attorney, Stephen Ankuda, available for trustees’ questions (sent legal opinion letter on November 8th, 2013)
4. Approve minutes of September 10th, 2013 trustees’ meeting and the following special meeting minutes: August 29th, 2013, October 1st, 2013, October 22nd, 2013, and October 29th, 2013.
5. Director’s Monthly Report
a. Library sign – information and quote
b. Coordination of library ‘thank you’ effort
c. Generating a Library Wish List
d. Meeting Room – draft Policies and Procedures
e. Financial Reports
6. Committee Reports
a. Building – Hope Brissette
b. Communication – no report
c. Finance – Deb Wright and Pat Fowler
Information from Pat Fowler’s meeting with Mary Van Hartesveldt
Peoples’ Bank informational/training meeting for trustees — Pat
d. Historical Collection – Carolyn Frisa
e. Policy – schedule bylaws committee meeting
f. Personnel – present director job description/get approval for next steps
7. Old Business
a. Get approval to correct DOL paperwork on terminated former director.
b. Update on installation of lockout feature for library’s elevator
c. Update on plans for library’s grand opening celebration
8. New Business
a. Discuss possible 3 hours workshop/retreat with Amy Howlett – schedule if agreed to?
b. Reminder: Attorney General’s Open Meeting law presentation on November 22nd.
c. Reminder: Selectboard/Library Board of Trustees joint meeting, 6 p.m. on November 13th
9. Review agenda items for next meeting and meeting date. Current meeting date is Tuesday, December 10th at 4:30 p.m in RFPL’s Meeting Room.
10. Executive Session (if necessary)
11. Trustees’ Comments