MINUTES FROM BOARD OF TRUSTEES SPECIAL MEETING
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18TH, 2012
Trustees present: Deborah Wright, Hope Brissette, Steve Fuller, Carolyn Frisa, Laura Senes, Duane Whitehead, )Jan Mitchell-Love, David Buckley Additional members present: Célina Houlné (Library Director)
1. The meeting was call to order at 3:36 by Chairwoman Jan Mitchell-Love
2. No additions or changes were made to the agenda.
3. No public comment.
4. Review of Roles in the Renovation Project
a. Trustees at the Contractors’ Meetings
c. Library Director
Discussion about roles covered the Trustees responsibility as individuals and as a whole Board of any money spent and that the Library Director acts as the primary advocate for library staff and building.
5. Executive Session on Negotiating Contracts for Renovation Project
A motion to enter executive session was made by Carolyn Frisa; seconded by Duane Whitehead; unanimously approved at 3:57pm. The Executive Session ended at 4:17pm.
6. The motion tabled during the Board Meeting on 10.18.2012 concerning the negotiation of renovation project contracts was withdrawn by Duane Whitehead.
Steve Fuller motioned that David Buckley act as negotiator on behalf of the Trustees to negotiate the renovation project contracts as necessary; seconded by Deb Wright; no discussion; unanimously approved.
6. The next Special Meeting concerning the missing part for the new elevator will take place on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 5:00pm at the Masonic Temple.
7. A motion to adjourn was made by Carolyn Frisa; seconded by Steve Fulller; and unanimously approved at 4:20pm.
Respectfully submitted by Co-Secretary Carolyn Frisa, October 18, 2012.