Rockingham Free Public Library
Personnel Committee Meeting Minutes
March 17, 2015, 5:00PM. RFPL Youth Department Program Room
Click here to download a .pdf of these minutes: perscomm3 17minutes
Committee members present: Carol Blackwood (Chair), Pat Fowler, John Bohannon, Karin Fischer
Library personnel present: Celina Houline (Library Director)
Members of the Public present: None
- The meeting was called to order at 5:05PM by Blackwood.
- There was no public comment.
- There were two changes to the agenda: approval of the previous minutes, and election of the committee chair and secretary.
- The minutes of the meeting of February 10th were approved as written.
- Elections for new officers were held. Blackwood was elected chair and Bohannon was elected secretary, both unanimously.
- The committee discussed the process for the annual evaluation of the Library Director. The process needs to begin in the fall. Numerous alternative samples of evaluations were examined and discussed. The possibility of using a computerized system such as Survey Monkey was addressed. It was decided through consensus to use the Director’s job description as the basis for the evaluation input. Each committee member will highlight items in each major category from that job description as possible input to the final questionnaire to be used in the evaluation; these are to be brought to the next meeting.
- The committee, with the Director, entered into executive session at 5:48PM to discuss the Library Director’s contract and conduct the monthly performance review. The committee came out of executive session at 6:23PM.
- There was no new business brought before the committee.
- The next meeting is on April 21st at 5PM at the RFPL.
- The meeting adjourned at 6:30PM.
Respectfully submitted by John Bohannon, Committee Secretary, March 17, 2015.