BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
May 26, 2015
Location Youth Program Room
Trustees Present: Carol Blackwood, Chair; Doreen Aldrich, John Bohannon, Karin Fischer, Leslie Lassetter, Ray Massucco & Martha Rowley
Trustees Absent: Pat Fowler
Library Personnel Present: Celina Houlne, Director; Mary Van Hartesveldt, Librarian
Members of the Public Present: Amy Howlett
- The meeting was called to order at 6:22 pm.
- Additions to Agenda
- Public Comment: None
- Approval of Minutes: Lassetter moved to approve minutes for 4/28/15. Bohannon seconded. Aldrich abstained, minutes were approved.
- New Board Member Search: Lassetter requested help with this. Notices will be put on web site and in Shopper.
- End of FY Financials:
- Massucco moved to authorize the treasurer to transfer $8,300.00 from the River Valley Credit Union account to cover additional expenditures for the following line items: printing supplies, custodial services and repairs and maintenance. Aldrich seconded, and the motion carried unanimously.
- Massucco moved to authorize the treasurer to transfer $14,000.00 from the River Valley Credit Union account to the town for expected FY 15 expenditures. Lassetter seconded, and the motion carried unanimously.
- Massucco moved to authorize the treasured to transfer $4,134.32 from the River Valley Credit Union savings account to the town to pay for Whitcomb expenditures in FY 15. Blackwood and Aldrich simultaneously seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
- Massucco moved to set up a designated fund for landscaping in the initial amount of $675.00 for designated funds that have been received, but not yet spent. Fischer seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
- Massucco moved to set up an Ostebo Reserve Fund of $5,765.00, and a Whitcomb Reserve fund of $7,760.00. Bohannon seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
- Technology Assistance and Art Display Waivers: Lassetter moved to accept the waivers. Aldrich seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
- Presentation on Long Range Planning by Amy Howlett.
Ray suggested we all read the 2007 strategic plan to see what thoughts were on this topic in the past.
- Next meeting June 23d, 6:15PM.
Director suggested we consider not meeting in August. We will address this next meeting.
- Other business: Letter on canine urination was revised slightly and will be sent by Director soon, signed by Blackwood.
- Exec Session: Not needed
- Review Tasks: Think and read about strategic planning. Recruit new board member.
- Adjourned 8:01PM.
Respectfully Submitted by Karin Fischer and John Bohannon