Rockingham Free Public Library
Personnel Committee Meeting Minutes
July 21, 2015, 5:15PM. RFPL Top Floor Meeting Room
Committee members present: Carol Blackwood (Chair), Pat Fowler, John Bohannon, Karin Fischer
Library personnel present: Celina Houlné (Library Director)
Members of the public present: Bil Staats, FACT TV
- The meeting was called to order at 5:15PM by Blackwood.
- There was no change to the agenda.
- There was no public comment.
- The minutes of the meeting of June 9th were approved.
- The committee discussed the annual evaluation of the Director. The following actions were taken and decisions were made unanimously:
- The evaluation form was approved with minor corrections and will be sent to the Board for approval at the next meeting. The Director’s job description will be placed on the library website by the Director for reference by evaluators.
- The chronology was approved and it will be sent out with the minutes to the next Board meeting. John will provide verbatim copies of the comments from the evaluations for the committee to use in its meeting in September. A note was made on the chronology positing the possibility of a special meeting to continue Board discussion of the evaluation if approval of the draft evaluation is not achieved at the October Board meeting.
- The spread sheet for tabulating numerical data from the evaluations was approved with minor changes and will be sent to the Board for approval at its next meeting.
- Specific dates were developed for parts of this year’s process: Evaluation forms available by September 1st, returned by September 10th; committee meeting to summarize results on September 15th; committee meeting to write evaluation on October 13th.
- Review of tasks: Omitted, included above.
- The committee, with the Director, entered into executive session at 6:10 PM to discuss the Library Director’s contract and conduct the monthly performance review. The committee came out of executive session at 6:40 PM.
- There was no new business brought before the committee.
- The next meeting is on August 18th at 5:15 PM at the RFPL.
- The meeting adjourned at 6:40 PM.
Respectfully submitted by John Bohannon, Committee Secretary, July 21st, 2015.