Library Board Personnel Committee
June 8, 2016
Location: Top Floor Meeting Room
Library Trustees in attendance: John Bohannon, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch
Also in attendance: Célina Houlné
Absent Trustees: Gary Fox
- Call to order. 1:03pm
- Additions to the agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting. N/A
- Public comment. N/A
3a. Approval of the previous meetings minutes. Motion to approve the minutes John Bohannon,
Seconded by Martha Rowley, unanimously passed
- Discussion of chronology, form and procedure for evaluation of Director Minor changes were made to the chronology, this will be distributed to the entire board in advance of the next meeting to be reviewed then.
- Discussion of Director’s contract, grade level and compensation Reviewed the grade level of similar positions. Discussed the need for a contract, job description and personnel policy. We will work to determine if all three are necessary.
- Executive Session- Semi-annual performance review John Bohannon moves to find that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. Second Ellen Taetzsch. Unanimously approved.
John Bohannon moves that the board enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage and that the director be invited to attend. Second Ellen Taetzsch. Unanimously approved.
- Set date for next meeting and review agenda items. The next meeting will be July 13th at 1pm. At the next meeting we will look at the contract, job description, personnel policy to streamline the documents. We will look at the compensation and grade level of the director. We will also look at the chronology of evaluation.
- Review Tasks All committee members will look at the library directors contract, job description and personnel policy. John Bohannon will revise the chronology for the evaluation of the director.
- Adjourn 2:15pm