RFPL Board of Trustee Special Meeting August 2, 2016
Location: Top Floor Meeting Room
Present: Doreen Aldrich, Carol Blackwood, John Bohannon, Chairperson; Leslie Lassetter (Late 6:24 PM), L. Raymond Massucco and Martha Rowley, Trustees; Celina Houlne, Library Director and Steve Ankuda, Legal Counsel
Absent: Gary Fox, Heidi Lauricella and Ellen Taetzsch
- Call to Order: Chairman, Bohannon, called the Special Meeting to order at 6:20 p.m.
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting:
- Public Comment (3 minutes per person):
- SMP Settlement and Money Owed to Town: Bohannon moved to ratify the vote taken on July 26, 2016; seconded by Blackwood. At the July 26th meeting, Bohannon moved and Blackwood seconded that the Library Board of Trustees authorize the Treasurer to withdraw $25,065.12 from the River Valley Credit Union account and transfer this amount to the Town to clear up the balance for the renovation project. These funds will be drawn from the following: $6,663.94 from the Ostebo Reserve Fund, $7,760.00 from the Whitcomb Reserve Fund and $19,641.18 from the Library’s savings. The motion passed unnimously. The motion to ratify the vote of July 26th passed unanimously. Leslie Lassetter was not present for the ratification vote.
- Executive Session – Litigation: At 6:25 PM, Bohannon moved to find that premature general public knowledge of the situation concerning a pending legal action involving the RFPL Board will clearly place the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing its current status. Blackwood seconded the motion. No discussion was had. Blackwood moved that the Board enter into executive session to discuss a legal action where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage and that the Director and Legal Counsel be invited to attend. Bohannon seconded her motion. No discussion was had. At 7:07 PM, the Board came out of Executive Session. No comment was made.
- Other Business: None
- Adjourn: Moved by Rowley and seconded to adjourn at 7:08 PM.
Doreen Aldrich, Recording Secretary for Gary Fox