Library Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday July 25, 2917
Present: Martha Rowley, John Bohannon, Leslie Lassetter, Kate Kane, Susan Spaulding, Ellen Taetzsch, Brady Weinstock, Gary Fox
- Call to Order: 6:18pm
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: None
- Public Comment: Poly Montgomery from the Friends of the Library made comments
- Approve Minutes of May 23rd Meeting: Approved with amendments that all trustees were present except Heidi Lauricella. Motioned, seconded and unanimously approved.
- Director’s Report: Report was presented
- Reserve Fund & Memorial Donation for Jackie Hewitt:
- Motion made to create a Memorial Reserve Fund for $455.00 and to expend the $455.00 in FY 18. Seconded and unanimously approved.
- Motion made to donate in Jackie Hewitt’s name, $500.00 to the Friends of the Library’s Vilas Bridge Campaign, to be drawn from the Memorial Reserve Fund and the FY 18 Memorial Revenue Line. Seconded and unanimously approved.
- Fundraising Committee Report: Update on fundraising activities
- Union Negotiator for Collective Bargaining Agreement: Motion was made to authorize Brady and John to represent the Board of Trustees in union negotiations. Seconded and unanimously approved.
- Amendment to By-Law Article II: Motion was made for the Library Board of Trustees shall meet in regular session a minimum of six times per year in accordance with 1 V.S.A. § 312 as am mended. Seconded and unanimously approved.
- Other Business
- Review and Approve Warrants: Completed
- Review Action Items, and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting: Next meeting we will discuss annual evaluation process for director, long range plan, and change in the by laws as noted in agenda item 9
- Review Date for Next Meeting September 26: Next meeting was changed to September 19th at 6:15
- Viewing of “Short Takes for Trustees” Educational Videos- Video was viewed
- Executive Session: not necessary
- Adjourned at 6:58pm