Library Board Personnel Committee Minutes
September 18, 2016
Location: Meeting Room
Trustees in Attendance: John Bohannon, Gary Fox, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch and Celina Houlne
- Call to order. 5:45 pm
- Additions to the agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting N/A
- Public comment (3 minutes per person) N/A
- Approve Minutes of July 14 meeting: John Bohannon moves to approve the July 14th minutes as is. Martha Rowley seconds the motion. Motion is approved unanimously
- Director’s Evaluation process & date of upgrade Committee will recommend pay grade upgrade on November 30th to full Library Board.
- Executive Session: Director’s Evaluation John Bohannon moves to find that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. Gary Fox seconds the motion. Motion is unanimously approved.
John Bohannon moves that the board enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage and that the Director not be invited to attend. Gary Fox seconds the motion. Motion unanimously approved.
Exited executive session at 6:07pm
- Review Action Items, and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting Review director’s evaluation
- Set Date for Next Meeting October 17th at 10:00am
- Adjourn Gary moves to adjourn at 6:10pm