Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Present: John Bohannon, Ellen Taetzsch, Martha Rowley, Kate Kane, Heidi Lauricella, Don Tretler, Celina Houlne
Absent: Brady Weinstock, Gary Fox, Susan Spaulding
Guests: Sandy Martin
- Call to Order : 6:23 PM
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that
will require ratification at a future meeting : None
- Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
- Approve Minutes of January 23rd meeting : moved by Ellen, second by Heidi, approved unanimously
- Oath of Office : Justice of the Peace, Sandy Martin, administered the Oath of Office to all trustees present.
- Election of Officers : John made motion to nominate the following to serve as officers of the RFPL Board of Directors for this election cycle: John Bohannon as Chair, Ellen Taetzsch as Vice Chair, Martha Rowley as Treasurer, and Kate Kane as Secretary. Martha seconded the motion. No other nominations were put forward. The motion carried unanimously.
- Affirmation of Rules of Procedure Policy, Code of Ethics, Signature Authorization :
- John moved that the Rockingham Library Board of Trustees authorize any officer of the Board of Trustees to sign routing documents that do not deal with changes of policy or commitment of unbudgeted funds; and that this authorization be reviewed for renewal annually. Heidi seconded the motion. Motion passed unanimously.
- John reviewed the Code of Ethics which each trustee signed.
- John reviewed the Rules of Procedures policy.
- Authorization for Bank Accounts: Martha moved that the RFPL Board of Trustees approve the Library Director, Celina Houlne, and the Treasurer, Martha Rowley, to be signers for the following Library bank and investment accounts, and for the bookkeeper Mary Van Hartesveldt to have information only access: AXA Annuity Peoples Securities, SecureFore 5 Annuity Forethought Life Insurance Company Peoples Securities, Peoples Securities money market, River Valley Credit Union money market and business accounts, and TD Bank Petty Cash Checking. Heidi seconded the motion; it passed unanimously.
- Selection of regular meeting date/time and schedule for the year : 4th Tuesday of alternate months, at 6 PM
- Trustee Committee Assignments : reviewed and taken as written
- Town Officers Education Conference April 3 : Information is in Director’s report.
- Director’s Report & FY 2017 Budget Status Report : The annual appeal has taken in $5055. Celina is working on a pamphlet to invite people to give to the library via their wills or bequests. Donations are needed for book sale and plant sale.
- Other Business : None
- Review and Approve Warrants : Completed
- Review Action Items, and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting : Personnel Cmte will report to board regarding the semi-annual evaluation of director.
- Review Date for Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, at 6 PM
- Adjourn: Heidi moved, Kate seconded. Meeting adjourned at 7:14 PM.
Kate Kane, Secretary