Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Fundraising Committee Meeting
Thursday, July 12, 2018
Present: Brady Weinstock, Kate Kane, Ellen Taetzsch, Don Tretler
Also Present: Célina Houlné, Director
- Call to Order : 5:02 PM
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
- Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
- Approve Minutes of April 17, 2018 meeting : Ellen moved, Kate seconded; approved unanimously.
- Discuss Methods of Fundraising :
- Postcard Appeal: 22 respondents to the June postcard appeal (4% response rate): sent out 576 postcards, 32 went to new people; $478 raised
- “Week of Giving” is in May, want to take advantage of it next year
- For publicity sake, it is important to have 100% of the board give to the annual appeal, even if only a small amount.
- Solicitations from the Friends should be clearly different from the general appeal.
- RFPL publicity is an important element of the appeal
- Celina suggested reaching out to foundations for support
- Board members should make personal contacts in the community to invite/encourage support of the library.
- In August Celina will review the appeal lists; board will review in Sept/Oct; clean up list in November; sign and send out letters in December
- Ideas of what to include with appeal: chance to win a raffle prize (gallons of oil), magnetic bumper sticker
- Develop sustaining supporter option when we have online donation capabilities
- Annual appeal cost $632 this past year; raised $5500
- Don suggested a fundraising event; Celina explained that the Friends do events such as the plant sale, book sale, welcome center, holiday party, trivia nights.
- Other Business : None
- Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting : All committee members will spend some time researching fundraising ideas and will consider people that could be added to the appeal list.
- Set Date for Next Meeting : Thursday, September 13, 2018
- Adjourn : Kate moved, Ellen seconded. Meeting adjourned at 6:14 PM.
Kate Kane, Secretary