Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Fundraising Committee Meeting
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Present: Brady Weinstock, Kate Kane, Ellen Taetzsch
Absent: Don Tretler
Also Present: Célina Houlné, Director
- Call to Order : 5:04 PM
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
- Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
- Approve Minutes of July 12, 2018 meeting : Ellen moved, Kate seconded, approved unanimously.
- Discuss Fundraising and Annual Appeal :
- Include colorful brochure with programs in the annual appeal – adult and children’s programs
- Include profiles about who does use the library and why they use it; patrons / family patrons
- Visual format; 30 second video — Facebook page
- Phrasing ideas: “All walks”; “Things have changed since your grade-school days”;
- “Did you know…” coffee station, noise policy, friendly staff, like-minded people
- Célina got the voting list so we can go through that to add people to our appeal
- Continued push to get online payments as an option during the appeal
- Canva, Vistaprint – templates for appeal letter
- Other Business : None
- Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting : At November trustee meeting, we will go through the voting list to determine who will personalize each letter.
- Set Date for Next Meeting : None needed at this time.
- Adjourn : Ellen moved; meeting adjourned at 5:54 PM.