Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Personnel Committee Meeting
Thursday, December 5, 2019
Present: John Bohannon, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch, Kate Kane
1. Call to Order : 4:20 PM
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
4. Approve Minutes of meeting : Ellen moved, John seconded. Approved unanimously.
5. Evaluation Process : John reviewed where we are in the evaluation process. Today the committee will prepare a cover letter to bring to the January board meeting for approval. Celina will receive the letter and can respond to it either at a special February Board of Trustees meeting or the regular March meeting.
6. Other Business : None
7. Executive Session – Director’s Evaluation :
John moved that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. The motion was seconded and approved.
John moved that the Personnel Committee enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage. The motion was seconded and approved.
The committee entered executive session at 4:23 PM. The committee exited executive session at 4:30. John moved that the Personnel Committee approve the draft performance evaluation of the Executive Director and that it be presented to the Board for its approval at the next Board meeting. Ellen seconded. The motion was approved unanimously.
8. Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting : John will prepare the draft evaluation to present to the Board of Trustees at the January 7, 2020. He will prepare nine copies and attachments for the board as well as one clean copy to give to Celina.
9. Set Date for Next Meeting : To be determined.
10. Adjourn : Ellen moved to adjourn. Kate seconded. Meeting adjourned at 4:33 PM.
Kate Kane, Secretary