Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees: Finance Committee Meeting
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Present: Martha Rowley, Brady Weinstock, Duane Whitehead, Mary Shepard, Celina Houlne; Mary Van Hartesveldt, library staff
LOCATION: To protect the health of the public, the meeting was held online via Zoom.
1. Call to Order: 6:02 pm
2. Election of Committee Chair and Secretary: Brady nominated Martha to continue as Chair; Mary seconded. Motion was unanimously approved. Martha nominated Brady to continue as Secretary; Mary seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
3. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: n/a
4. Public Comment (3 minutes per person): n/a
5. Approve Minutes of October 24, 2019 Meeting: The date on the minutes should read Oct. 24. Martha moved that the minutes be accepted as amended; Duane seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
6. Review FY22 Budget: The budget for FY22 was discussed and reviewed, along with FY20 and FY21. The FY19 budget has some discrepancies between the Town and Library versions, and staff is awaiting answers from auditors. The FY20 actuals are still incomplete and are being audited (auditor, town fee, pension, accrued payroll are unposted at this time). There were spending reductions in FY20 that allowed expenses to come in under budget. The FY22 budget is proposed at level funding with FY21 budget (the final number from FY21 that was approved by the Selectboard). There are reductions in payroll expenses, insurances, and repairs and maintenance, to name a few categories, that will make the level funding possible.
7. Other Business: n/a
8. Executive Session (If Necessary): n/a
9. Review Agenda Items for Next Meeting: Mary will check with auditors to get answers for 2019 discrepancies; Martha will propose to the full board that the budget be approved as submitted.
10. Set Date for Next Meeting: n/a
11. Adjourn: Brady moved to adjourn, Mary seconded. Meeting adjourned at 7:18 pm.
Brady Weinstock, Secretary