Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Personnel Committee Meeting
Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2020
Present:John Bohannon, Martha Rowley, Ellen Taetzsch, Brady Weinstock, Celina Houlne Absent:n/a
LOCATION: To protect the health of the public, the meeting was held online via Zoom.
1. Call to Order: 2:10 pm.
2. Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: n/a
3. Public Comment (3 minutes per person): n/a
4. Approve Minutes of Dec. 1, 2020 meeting: John moved, Ellen seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
5. Evaluation of Director: We reviewed the schedule for emailing our letter, attachments, and director’s self-evaluation to the rest of the board (the week before the next full board meeting). Then the board will vote on approving the letter and present it to Celina.
6. Other Business: n/a
7. Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting: n/a
8.Set Date for Next Meeting: TBD
9. Executive Session (If Necessary): John moved that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving an RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. Brady seconded. Motion was unanimously approved. John moved that the Personnel Committee enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage, and that the Director not be invited to attend. Martha seconded. Motion was unanimously approved. Entered executive session at 2:14 pm. The committee left executive session at 2:20 pm.
10. John moved that The Personnel Committee present the draft evaluation of the Executive Director and its attachments to the Board of Trustees for approval at the next Board meeting. Ellen seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
11. Adjourn: Marth moved, Ellen seconded. Meeting adjourned at 2:22 pm.
Respectfully submitted,Brady Weinstock, Secretary