Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Present: Ellen Taetzsch, Martha Rowley, Don Tretler, Brady Weinstock, Duane Whitehead, Claudia Sofield, Mary Shepard, Celina Houlne
Absent: Kathleen Hacker, Dale Kondracki
Members of Public: Gaetano Putignano
LOCATION: In the Library’s Youth Program Room, and also online via Zoom.
1) Call to Order: 6:45 pm
2) Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: n/a
3) Public Comment (3 minutes per person): n/a
4) Approve Minutes of May 4, 2021 Meeting: Mary moved, Don seconded. Motion passed unanimously with correction of the addition of Mary Shepard’s name as present.
5) Director’s Report & FY21 Budget Status Report: RPFL received a grant of over $2800 from the town as part of the federal reimbursement to states to deal with Covid-related expenses. RFPL is also eligible for a grant from the state library, also part of Covid-related grants from the federal government. The Friends’ plant sale was a great success, and the Welcome Center fundraiser will be on again this year in August after being canceled last year. The library is open again for visits! Masks are required to protect unvaccinated children.
6) Personnel Committee – Review transition plan: We reviewed the job posting and job description pages for the Library Director position and discussed a timeline for hiring.
a) Ellen moved that the final candidate decision must be reached by at least a two-thirds majority of the full board. Mary seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
b) Ellen moved to approve the timeline and job description as discussed. Mary seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
7) Other Business: n/a
8) Executive Session (if necessary):
a) Ellen moved that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a future RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. Brady seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
b) Ellen moved that the Library Board enter executive session for discussion of a personnel issue, under the provisions of Title 1, Section 313 (a) (3),and invite the Library Director, Celina Houlne, to attend. Mary seconded. Motion was unanimously approved. Entered executive session at 7:35 pm. Left executive session at 7:55. Ellen moved that the starting salary as listed in the job post will be $58,843. Martha seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
9) Review and Approve Warrants: Mary will sign after the meeting.
10) Review Action Items, Proposed Agenda Items and Date for Next Meeting: Full board will meet Aug. 23 and other dates TBD that week at 6 pm for interviews.
11) Adjourn: Ellen moved to adjourn, Brady seconded. Meeting adjourned at 8 pm.
Brady Weinstock, Secretary