Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Present: Ellen Taetzsch, Martha Rowley, Don Tretler, Brady Weinstock, Duane Whitehead, Claudia Sofield, Mary Shepard, Kathleen Hacker, Dale Kondracki, Celina Houlne, Sam Maskell
LOCATION: In the Library’s Youth Program Room, and also online via Zoom.
- Call to Order: 6:03 pm
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting: n/a
- Public Comment (3 minutes per person): n/a
- Approve Minutes of July 6, 2021 Meeting: Mary moved, Don seconded. Motion passed unanimously with Kathleen abstaining, as she was not present at that meeting.
- Amend Minutes of March 9, 2021 Meeting — Employees’ Labor Contract: Don moved that the board amend the minutes for the March 9 Board Meeting to say that the Employees’ Labor Contract as presented was approved by a unanimous vote. Dale seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Director’s Report & FY21 Budget Status Report: Just a reminder that the library is open again for in-person visits and browsing. Masks are required to protect unvaccinated children. Curbside pickup has dropped off sharply now that people can come into the building. Reminder that the Friends’ fundraiser at the Guilford Welcome Center is Aug. 13. The budget is on track.
- Executive Session — Personnel Employment:
- Ellen moved that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a future RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the Board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic. Brady seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.
- Ellen moved that the Library Board enter executive session for discussion of a personnel issue, under the provisions of Title 1, Section 313 (a) (3),and invite the Library Director, Celina Houlne, and the Youth Librarian, Sam Maskell, to attend. Mary seconded. Motion was unanimously approved.[Text Wrapping Break][Text Wrapping Break]Entered executive session at 6:18 pm.[Text Wrapping Break]Left executive session at 7:09 pm.[Text Wrapping Break](Action taken is in next item)
- Review Director Job Description & Transition Plan: Ellen moved that the board approve the proposed changes to the Director job description and posting as presented and discussed including rounding the salary ranges to even numbers. Kathleen seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- Other Business: n/a
- Review Action Items and Agenda Items for Next Meeting: Ellen will winnow down the questions for the job interviews. Possible agenda item for next or future meeting: Setting the cost-of-living increase for non-union employees to be commensurate with the union employees’ increase as permanent policy.
- Set Date for Next Meeting: Tuesday, Sept. 7 at 6 pm.
- Adjourn: Martha moved to adjourn, Kathleen seconded. Meeting adjourned at 7:22 pm.
Brady Weinstock, Secretary