4 Aug , 2015
Trustees Present: Carol Blackwood, Chair; Doreen Aldrich, John Bohannon, Karin Fischer, Pat Fowler, Leslie Lassetter, Ray Massucco (had to leave at 7:25) & Martha Rowley, and Ellen Taetzsch.
Library Personnel Present: Celina Houlne, Director
No members of public present.
- Call to order at 6:23 pm.
- Additions to the agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting. Location of book drop (see below).
- Public comment – none.
- Aldrich moved to approve minutes of 23 Jun 2015 meeting. Fowler seconded. Unanimously approved.
- New Board Member, Ellen Taetzch was introduced to the board and signed her oath of office..
- Director’s Report: including FY 2015 financials, FY 2016 projections and employee pay. Massucco moved to approve COLA / Merit increases to employee pay for FY 2016. Fowler seconded. The motion was approved. Six voted in favor: Aldrich, Blackwood, Fischer, Fowler, Massucco. Three were opposed: Bohannon, Lassetter, Taetzch. The discussion included an expressed hope to further increase employee pay to an amount equal to the town’s base pay for the same grade for FY 17.
- Committee Reports:
Building and grounds: Board voted unanimously to accept donation of sign from friends as well as donation for a plaque citing Carnegie (either bronze or composite) to cover the old book drop. Board voted unanimously to have the book drop moved by town to the location approved by zoning.
Historic collection: Carolyn Frisa will submit policy edits. Next meeting is Sept 21st at 10:00 am.
Personnel: Library Director Evaluation Process: Board voted to unanimously adopt the evaluation process submitted by the committee.
Long Range planning will make plans to meet soon.
- New Business – none
- Set date for next meeting (22 Sep 15) and review agenda items
- Executive Session not needed
- Review tasks: Begin to plan Chamber Mixer for 21 Oct 15. Celina will seek input from contractors regarding repair to flat roof.
- Adjourn at 8:10.
Respectfully submitted by Karin Fischer 8/9/15.
Rockingham Free Public Library, 65 Westminster Street, Bellows Falls, VT 05101
Phone 802-463-4270 Fax 802-463-1566 rockinghamlibrary.org