Personnel Committee meeting of the Rockingham Free Public Library October 17, 2016.
Attending: Martha Rowley, John Bohanon, Gary Fox
Meeitng begins at 10:00 am.
- John Moves, Martha seconds – approve minutes of September 27, 2016.
All in favor – Motion carries – unanimous
- Clarification for the Policy #8: Personnel Committee will provide the Library Director with the formal evaluation not more than 1 week following the October Board meeting.
- This year, there is a November meeting and no December meeting, so #9 in the Policy will occur during the November Board meeting.
- John moves to find that premature general public knowledge of the details concerning a personnel matter involving a RFPL employee will clearly place the employee and the board at a substantial disadvantage by disclosing the personal details of this topic.
Martha Seconds, Motion carries – unanimous
John moves that the board enter into executive session to discuss a personnel matter where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the RFPL at a substantial disadvantage, and that the director not be invited to attend.
Martha seconds, Motion carries- unanimous
- Enter executive session at 10:15 am…
Came out of executive session at 10:30 am
John moves, Gary seconds:
- Approve draft letter of evaluation of the director with date changes as presented
- Approve the draft of comments with the scoring summarized as presented
- Approve distributing via e-mail to the board before the October 25th board meeting
- Recommend Board discussing in executive session at the October 25th board meeting.
Motion carries – unanimous
John Moves, Martha seconds to adjourn at 10:35 am.