Rockingham Free Public Library
Board of Trustees Fundraising Committee Meeting
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Present: Brady Weinstock, Don Tretler, Ellen Taetzsch, Kate Kane
Also Present: Célina Houlné, Director
- Call to Order : 5:05 PM
- Additions to Agenda for routine administrative matters and/or pressing matters that will require ratification at a future meeting : None
- Election of Committee Chair and Secretary : Kate made motion to nominate Brady as Chair and herself as Secretary. Ellen seconded the motion. No additional nominations were put forward. The motion carried unanimously.
- Public Comment (3 minutes per person) : None
- Approve Minutes of October 26, 2017 meeting : Ellen moved, Kate seconded. Minutes were approved without change.
- Discussion of Goals :
- Célina is working on a brochure for planned and memorial giving to the library; she is using resources from the American Library Association
- Célina is keeping track of annual appeal donors and which board member made the personal connection (writing a note on the appeal letter)
- Célina will design a spring appeal postcard; Brady will work with Célina on design (VistaPrint?); Célina will bring the design to the May board meeting for approval; Célina would like input from committee members on wording
- Célina is encouraging the town to look into MuniciPay as an option for making online payments; this would allow donors to give online
- ALA resources for fundraising–identifying donors, earmarking donations; Célina asked cmte members to read the ALA fundraising tool kit
- Other Business : Célina stressed the importance of having board members be the “face” of RFPL out in the community. Kate agreed to review the ALA documents on this issue and write some talking points to be considered by the committee and then brought to the full board.
- Review Action Items and Proposed Agenda Items for Next Meeting : Review the spring appeal, discuss the ALA suggestions
- Set Date for Next Meeting : Thursday, July 12th, at 5:00 PM
- Adjourn : Ellen moved to adjourn, Kate seconded. Meeting adjourned at 5:43 PM.
Kate Kane, Secretary